Hello again!

AnnieA

Hello! I had actually joined the site before, quite a while ago, but then I had some issues arise and by the time I tried to return, I had lost my log in credentials, and even the email I used (an important life lesson in making sure to write such information down someplace). So now I'm happy to return and get to know those of you I haven't met, and say hello to those I've known from the past. 👋👋👋

About me: I'm an oil painter, primarily working in oils and with cityscapes and figurative subject matter. I take classes at a local art academy and am just about to seriously try gouache, which I've only dabbled in so far. I'm from the PNW.

Last edited:
Welcome to Creative Spark, Annie! I definitely remember some issues back in October that Arty fixed, and I'm glad to see you logging in. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing your work. You live in a beautiful part of the country. Keep posting and have fun!

Hi Annie! I'm so glad to finally see you on the forums! PNW: the Pacific Northwest. I think it's a beautiful part of the country and have spent a lot of time there. I am so looking forward to seeing some of your work and getting to know you better. :) WELCOME!

Hi Annie! I'm so glad to finally see you on the forums! PNW: the Pacific Northwest. I think it's a beautiful part of the country and have spent a lot of time there. I am so looking forward to seeing some of your work and getting to know you better. :) WELCOME!
Thanks for the welcome, Arty! And many thanks for helping me get here. Yes, I guess it's time to do some posting! :)

Hi Annie!
Thanks Arty for explaining that acronym, not being from the US I had no idea what it meant.
Hi E.J.H. and my apologies for not being very clear. I guess there are a lot of non-US folks here and I'll have to be more careful. Where are you from?

Originally from the Netherlands. But I have lived in Iceland for the last twenty five years.

EJH, I was wondering, I know most people in Holland speak fluent English but was wondering about Iceland. Is it like the Netherlands in that respect?

Originally from the Netherlands. But I have lived in Iceland for the last twenty five years.
Interesting! It looks like Aiyn has already asked one of the first questions that came to my mind. But I'm also curious about what life is like there. It seems that yours is an extremely successful society.

Whoops...I meant to edit the above and instead started a new reply. Sorry! I didn't see a way to delete this.

Hi and welcome, AnnieA, from the DS (Deep South aka Texas). Hope to see your work soon. I'm learning gouache as well and love it so far.

Back