Happy hour #2

N

Nufocus

Oil pastels (“Panda”, made in Holland) on paper.

755486FC-8EBC-489D-9C29-280F4FCC3CEB.jpeg

Love this and the painting in the painting really adds interest to it also. (y)

Smile! You are getting recorded for posterity, you don't want to be known for all eternity as the austere one. Oh well. Too late. 😁

I get the feeling of a greater assurance with this one. Not that I can recall less with the others. So there you go.

I like the irony of the title, but it bespeaks a certain self-consciousness about the subject, which I think is a bit unfair to the painter and painting?

I think I'd like to hear what they have to say. Your people are so full of emotion. What a great talent.

thousand-yard stare. Lots of red, painting askew. Well played. Bravo

I like oil pastels but I've never seen them used quite this way - dark and heavily applied, it looks like, anyway. Another wonderful painting from you, plus I'm partial to dark scenes in bars and restaurants in any case.

Smile! You are getting recorded for posterity, you don't want to be known for all eternity as the austere one. Oh well. Too late. 😁

I get the feeling of a greater assurance with this one. Not that I can recall less with the others. So there you go.

I like the irony of the title, but it bespeaks a certain self-consciousness about the subject, which I think is a bit unfair to the painter and painting?
Austere one for eternity? Sure, suits me just fine...
As for greater confidence, I should hope so after all this time....🤨😂
The title was meant to be somewhat sarcastic....
Thanks a lot, Iain!

Susan, I press these poor pastels so hard that I can almost hear them crying! And yes, I remember well your wonderful darkish bar scenes. Thanks a ton!

Austere one for eternity? Sure, suits me just fine...
As for greater confidence, I should hope so after all this time....🤨😂
The title was meant to be somewhat sarcastic....
Thanks a lot, Iain!
Thanks Nufocus. I don't think I was in my right mind while composing that post, for some reason.

Back