Great TV Theme Songs.

Another terrific but far less well known theme by Mancini.
I have it on this one:

Mancini-CD.jpg

A good show that didn't last long. I remember enjoying it when I was a kid, but I don't remember wanting to be Mr. Lucky the way I wanted to be Pete. I also have no recall of the incidental music. I expect it was fine, Mancini being Mancini.

I used to like all the western songs that opened each episode. Cheyenne, Bronco, Rawhide, champion the wonder horse and many more. I still know most of the lyrics after all these years.

I always hated the theme from Sugarfoot, but I liked Cheyenne. Lawman was good, as was Tombstone Territory. Oddly, I have no recall of the theme from Gunsmoke (though I definitely had a crush on Amanda Blake).

From a movie but seen over and over on TV, I love the theme from Smokey and the Bandit. Oh, and the Dukes of Hazzard.

Jeez, how could I have forgotten, given that only a week ago me and my sweetie were watching some episodes from the eighteen disc complete box set she found used some years ago for seven bucks?

Can there really be any question that John Drake and Number 6 are one and the same, despite McGoohan's contention that they weren't to avoid legal hassles with Ralph Smart?

Of course, in America the title was changed to Secret Agent, as was the theme.

The most hilarious of these lyrics is "... while kissing persuasive lips"-- Drake didn't kiss a woman on the lips in the entire series, any more than Number Six did in The Prisoner. McGoohan was a devout Catholic who felt that on screen kisses would have been disrespectful to his wife and cut a bad example for his children. He also insisted that Drake shouldn't carry a gun and should use his brain as much as possible to foil the bad guys, though he was certainly not averse to a good punch up.

The reason Drake resigned is evident in many episodes where the ruthless, immoral policies of his superiors disgust him.

Greatest guitar solos ever. A few things that cross my mind on a Sunday morning:
Terry Kath (RIP) on 25 or 6 to four
Prince (RIP) on While my guitar
Prince on Purple rain
David Gilmore on Comfortably numb
Gary Moore (RIP) on Parisian walkways
Eric Clapton on One more blues
Mark Knofler on Sultans of swing
And now I’ll take my time to post links.
Cheers!
Ps I ain’t forgetting Jimmy (Hendrix) or Stevie Ray (Vaughn), later maybe.....

Shucks!..... I meant to post this in another thread - What are you listening to?
Oh well, it’s here.

Rool breaker!

The Dr Who theme tune is amazing.

All my life I had been taught nonsense by priests and teachers...it was no problem for me to say I came from another world and could go back and forth in time.

Tom Baker.

Hey Arty, if you visit here, please move my post and its links to What (the heck...) are you listening to?

beautiful thread. thanks musket

Artyczar posted

Orange is the New Black
, of the most recent I have seen is the first that comes to mind, I saw the series and I liked it a lot, and especially outside the series it is the theme song I have heard several times, it is a tune that makes me want to hear and I felt a lot more about this artist after knowing the theme song.

another one that comes to mind is the abbreviation of
the twilight zone
he also really like it.
I think there are several but they don't come to me now.

ok it came to me, I have listened to this much more than orange is the new black.
it seems to me that it has not been mentioned,
you like it ? and the series?

ps: still great jonny cash

Back