Gouache: Conferring with the Yardman

ntl

Contributing Member
Gouache: Conferring with the Yardman 4.5 x 6" on 90lb WC paper. C&C welcome, thanks for looking.

thumbnail_IMG_6363.jpg

Where are they going to plant what's in that wheelbarrow? There is a story in this painting. Well done!

Where are they going to plant what's in that wheelbarrow? There is a story in this painting. Well done!
The gardener has carefully tended the garden, tidying the borders and keeping a pristine lawn .... the owner now wants him to dig it up and concrete it over .... aaaggrrrhhh!! Soon, the owner will be beneath that lawn!😂😂
Lovely little postcard!

This is a wonderful piece: the warm and cold colors, the simplification of the figures and the wheel barrow leaves room for our imagination - great job, ntl! 👍

Such a story telling piece with a great palette. a very good feeling to this....well done.
John

Charming is an understatement. This is one of the sweetest things I've ever seen from you. I absolutely love your style, it's come into being for me. The foliage is my favorite. I also love these people with no mouths and just eyes, yet they are 100% expressive. ♥️ :) ♥️ :)

Thank you all for your comments--they are all so supportive and helpful, greatly appreciated!

always fun to see a painting with a narrative! well done! gouache is a medium that i have yet to come to terms with!

I like it, ntl! The look of gouache has become very appealing to me... maybe one of these days...
As far as the narrative, it's obvious that they're gonna back up 10 paces and draw their pistols :D

Back