Gold blend

laf.art

The wind was whipping up the leaves, the sky was a flat dead gray, I could smell the coffee brewing in the kitchen.I used coffee grounds and pieces of the gold coloured coffee package as the base for this then continued with acrylic and charcoal

Attachments

• large-P1170369+68.jpg
    large-P1170369+68.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 128
A sort of sombre beauty of a very gray day in the city or town. There seems to be a cinema waiting to open that sets the mood as I see it in the lower center-right of the painting. Very nice Lyn, I like it.
I'll take my coffee black with no sugar, thank you.

You are so good at abstract composition. This is wonderfully crafted in it's limited palette and well-balanced markings. I really love what you've done.

This is really good. Is it one of those 5 you've been working at? :giggle:

Love the palette, markings, everything about this. And your productivity!

A sort of sombre beauty of a very gray day in the city or town. There seems to be a cinema waiting to open that sets the mood as I see it in the lower center-right of the painting. Very nice Lyn, I like it.
I'll take my coffee black with no sugar, thank you.
I like mine with sugar and a little milk thanks🙂 I like the way you wrote about it thanks a lot

Hermes, thanks it's 40x40cm
Glad you like it Iain, not sure I agree re: productivity, I feel that I'm a bit slow of late🙂
Yep Sno - 1 down 4 to go, oh make that 5 to go I've just started another haha
Arty thanks for the words, you've made me smile🙂

Really interesting technique. How exactly did you use the coffee grounds? Just to give color or also texture? In any event, it’s a nice piece... I like it 🙂

It reminds me a little of a Georges Braque in terms of the colours he sometimes used, but your edges are softer. I love it!

Really interesting technique. How exactly did you use the coffee grounds? Just to give color or also texture? In any event, it’s a nice piece... I like it 🙂
Hi PSA, I mixed some of the grounds with white acrylic and also some of the brewed coffee sort of flung across the canvas a the beginning, fun stuff:)

Oooohhh....That is the sort of abstract that I wanna' do! I believe that the secret to its professional appearance is your use of subtle, muted colors--"color scheme", to be precise.. I really like that piece!

Oooohhh....That is the sort of abstract that I wanna' do! I believe that the secret to its professional appearance is your use of subtle, muted colors--"color scheme", to be precise.. I really like that piece!
Thanks so much, yes the muted colours allow for a lot more exploration.

Back