Gene

Brad

This is a Guy I worked with who retired, I wanted to get a chance to paint him before he left but had to do it on his last day after work, outside on the porch in cold. I t had to be maybe 35 degrees out, by the time I had enough, I could barely feel my fingers. This was done in about 30 minutes with no drawing, from life. I wasn't happy with it at the time, but he sure was. I guess I kinda like it now...

Gene.jpg

This is great. Considering the circumstances, you should be very pleased. I would never have known it was done in such a short time or under a great obstacle.

Brrrrrr! He looks great and this is FABULOUS! Loose and capturing only the necessary parts.

I love this. Sorry you didn't like it at first, but it's got a LOT going for it and the style is very cool. I love the drips and the looseness of it. ♥️

Wow, this is a great achievement, especially considering the conditions you were working in! I think it's wonderful, it has a lot of character and I like the looseness of it.

This is a Guy I worked with who retired, I wanted to get a chance to paint him before he left but had to do it on his last day after work, outside on the porch in cold. I t had to be maybe 35 degrees out, by the time I had enough, I could barely feel my fingers. This was done in about 30 minutes with no drawing, from life. I wasn't happy with it at the time, but he sure was. I guess I kinda like it now...

View attachment 14466
Brad, this is a fine Alla Prima in watercolour. It absolutely shows his character in a very loose efficient way. Its a fine balanced piece and your values sing between the reserved lights and your mid to darks. No wonder he liked it. Your self critisism is great but in this case, rejoice. Its a keeper, sign it :)

A nice portrait all on its own but even more impressive when I think about how it was painted. I'm not surprised that he was pleased.

Very nice! Pretty amazing, all things considered. Very impressive that you just jumped in and started painting; no small feat.

Back