From the Arizona Rains

Made a couple of tweaks n this piece. This photo is more representative of the color my eyes see.

08DF3B0A-B3A6-4571-95AB-B40B9B9B98EB.jpeg

Lovely! Is this what you see where you live?
Looks heavenly.
Thanks😊
I don’t live in Arizona. This painting is my interpretation of a photo that a friend took on vacation there.
What i meant by the color matching what my eyes see, is that this posted photo of the painting better matches what i see when looking at the painting.

You did a superb job on this water. Wow! And I love the sky. What a great scene. Excellent interpretation of whatever the photo looked like because I imagine this is a much better rendition. :) Great painting Patrick!

Thanks Ayin 😊
The water is tricky, but fun to paint. colors are played with and distant mountains are not in the photo.

View attachment 11244A friend visited Arizona this summer and got some interesting shots. He sent me some pics to paint. This scene grabbed me so I painted it. Spent more time fussing than I wanted, but calling it done for now.
12” x 16”, oils on panel.
Great work. I like the water surface and the way the hills recede. Nicely placed focus :)

Sno, thanks again😊
Murray, thanks. sometimes when working from photos, the values and chromas need to be tweaked from what the photo shows so elements recede better.

I love them both. I could get lost there. The blues look a little more subdued in the revised painting.

OleKobe, thanks🙂.
To my eyes, the second photo is truer to the painting. I take the pics with my ipad which seems to be very sensitive to light temp and sometimes two pics taken sequentially in the same light will be different.

Back