From the Arizona Rains

P. Barrie

DC41DCCE-7218-4548-860D-ACBD2CD2EC83.jpeg
A friend visited Arizona this summer and got some interesting shots. He sent me some pics to paint. This scene grabbed me so I painted it. Spent more time fussing than I wanted, but calling it done for now.
12” x 16”, oils on panel.

Beautiful. Love the colors and contrast of textures between the foliage, rocks and water. Great sky.

Patrick
Very nicely done with great light effect and reflections. This looks super and has a wonderful palette and excellent depth.
(y)
John

Another nostalgia piece. Love the rocks, the cactus forest, esp the water. Nice.

Thanks again!
I know I pushed those blues, tried taming them but they wouldn’t quit. ☺️

Thanks again!
I know I pushed those blues, tried taming them but they wouldn’t quit. ☺️
The blues refused to be tamed, and I'm glad! 😆 I love a vivid landscape like this. A real punch that makes you gaze around. Beautiful work!!

Yes Beautiful. I love high chroma blue in water in the fg of paintings - with the gentle ripples this is lovely. Also like the feel of the warm rocks contrasted with the cool water.

Terri, Arnie, Wayne, thanks
I struggle some with rocks and it shows as I tend to fiddle too much with them. It’s difficult for me to get them with fresh strokes. Perhaps if I do “studies” limiting my time?

Arty, Donna, thank you!
I feel that I got fiddly with this one, so I’m reinforced to focus more on the essence of the scene and capturing it more basically.

Back