Found A Use For Google Imaging

Enyaw

namuh
Today I google imaged one of my paintings and I found a few artist who paint
somewhat similar to me. As far as google can tell, anyway. Interesting to see.
I can easily tell what they do as compared to what I do so I can learn a lot by
looking at things I can see while looking at their solutions [paintings]. I don't
know why I didn't think of the idea sooner. I guess as always, I was not ready.

For example the art of Edgars Vinters looks somewhat close to what I doing.
Not in stroke for stroke or palette but in the spirit of how I work to portray and how I think he
worked to portray.

Thought I'd pass it along as it might give you a little enjoyment as well and you might
see who paints like you.

Feel free to post your discovery if you try it.

Last edited:
Thanks Donna. I searched several other paints and never got a repeat of artists. Weird crap.

Thank you for the suggestion. That's a clever use of the Google tool that I am going to try on some of my experiments.

Found virtually nothing but my own work, and it served only to show me that I don't have a style. :D

I searched this little sculpture called Flamenco (height 220 mm), which I soldered together from the brass parts of an old lock. The patina was caused by ammonia fumes in a Tupperware container. The base is concrete.

Flamenco.jpg

Flamenco 2.jpg

Google Image search yielded this sculpture by Abbott Pattison.

Abbott Pattison 1.jpg

Interesting. Hermes. I thought pump when I saw your piece and pump when I saw Abbott's piece. Nice piece btw.

Brian. On a piece I thought lame I came up with pieces on etsy and eBay. Not saying your work is lame but the categories of the search are rather limited.

Interesting. Hermes. I thought pump when I saw your piece and pump when I saw Abbott's piece. Nice piece btw.

Brian. On a piece I thought lame I came up with pieces on etsy and eBay. Not saying your work is lame but the categories of the search are rather limited.
Thanks, Wayne. You are too kind.

Ayin. Yes, very unique but similar, but Yikes those remind me of nightmares of a tormented soul.

Actually Hermes, yours is more decorative but they both remind me of the old water pump and I'm guessing it's the arms.

Ayin. Yes, very unique but similar, but Yikes those remind me of nightmares of a tormented soul.

Actually Hermes, yours is more decorative but they both remind me of the old water pump and I'm guessing it's the arms.
That's so interesting: I never saw the pump imagery before you mentioned it.

Hermes. My wife's favourite quote is who knit ya? Where are you from and where is your head? I seem to be seeing and hearing things others don't. I guess bad hearing and bad sight help with that.

Who knit ya? .... Newfie for who are your parents?

Hermes. My wife's favourite quote is who knit ya? Where are you from and where is your head? I seem to be seeing and hearing things others don't. I guess bad hearing and bad sight help with that.

Who knit ya? .... Newfie for who are your parents?
My parents never wanted to talk about it, but it seems they found me in a cabbage patch.

Back