Flowers on a Table

Enyaw

namuh
002.jpg

11 x 14 oil on panel Alla Prima
.. these days I brush in my lines and home color and then I knife over it with the colors I want to push or pull.
.. how many times I'd be ashamed to say .. but the end result is textured
.. had done a piece a day or two ago that didn't turn for me so I decided to do it over yesterday.

thanks Arty .. it is very closed in as it [lacks atmospheric distance]. It got away from me but not a big deal .. just another study .. oh, and thanks for the use of your cite as I can see my short comings rather quickly when I expose them to the web ..

thanks Arty .. it is very closed in as it [lacks atmospheric distance]. It got away from me but not a big deal .. just another study .. oh, and thanks for the use of your cite as I can see my short comings rather quickly when I expose them to the web ..
Not sure what you meant here?

it's not important as one can paint flat plane as well as dimensional but I was thinking dimension on this one and I painted the back ground to solid in color that it comes forward and wraps around the vase and table resulting in the table and vase not having their own space. Just a quirk of mine.

it's not important as one can paint flat plane as well as dimensional but I was thinking dimension on this one and I painted the back ground to solid in color that it comes forward and wraps around the vase and table resulting in the table and vase not having their own space. Just a quirk of mine.
Meh, so this one took on a life of its own. I still see the vase and flowers as having nice separation from the background, particularly in the values. I like it!

Wayner
I really like the feel of this piece, great brushwork and as noted already great light effect. ( light against darks (y))

John

Back