Flowers for no one

N

Nufocus

Acrylics on canvas, rather small.

14152413-E75A-4CD0-B828-10625A737F1D.jpeg

I like the way the horizon creates a division and the face has the pallor of the sky. And the title is to die for. I'm envious.

Another beauty. Somehow it seems to be sending a sad message. Love your rendering of the expression and the overall composition. Agree that the dark red is brilliant.

So well done. I agree with trufflecat, it makes me feel sorry for the little guy.

I think he's a bastard for picking the only blue flowers in a sea of red. 😆

Maybe Nufocus was working plein air, trying to capture a red landscape with blue flowers, and that fellow came along a picked them!

I hope they're not Bluebells.

Last edited:
Iain, let me first thank you again for your kind interest in my work. FYI it’s all fruit of my imagination. The characters, the scapes are very seldom based on photographs and even less so on excursions to the fields. Don’t get me wrong, I’m out for walks and exercise daily but hardly ever with a paintbox or an easel.....
That fellow must have bought that bunch of bluebells at a local market in that village the edge of which is visible in the background..... She never showed up!!....
Oh... I do look daily at works of other artists and must admit that certain elements I see there, such as colors or compositions, do influence my work.

I always feel a sense of loneliness from your paintings like this. Which shows they stir an emotion within me. I like the style you use for these works very much.

I thought I had already commented, but your suggestion that this painting could be the companion of "Somewhere Else Perhaps' would make them an overwhelming illustration to me of the pain in being stood up, and then finding out it was all due to a misunderstanding that hurt someone you would never want to hurt. Some bad memories never quite go away.

Another good one.
Cheers

Arty, the more, the better...😁👍
Dave, wow! Thank you.
Maybe and Trier, such wonderful words. So well interpreted. Very well appreciated!!

Another beauty. Somehow it seems to be sending a sad message. Love your rendering of the expression and the overall composition. Agree that the dark red is brilliant.
Hey Susan, been wondering why we haven’t seen your own work here recently. Looking forward to seeing new (or old....) works.

Back