Flowers after Van Gogh and Cezanne & Landscape After Me

Enyaw

namuh
All are 11 x 14 oil on paper Alla Prima

006.jpg

111.jpg

66.jpg

Awesome. Your background colors are really amazing. How you do dat? The light in the snow is dancing. Really great pieces Wayne.

I agree, like them all, but especially the snow scene, as Arty says above great light in that one.
I have the deepest respect for artist that use such a loose technique, and achieve such magical results.

I like them all 3 too and especially the posies. Delicious knife work. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Thank you Joe, Arty, Ntl,Ejh, Sno, and moscatel.

Arty: I use a lot of greys and warm/cold passages.

Van Gogh was always appealing for me. I read a book about Cezanne and his art around 3-4 years ago and found him very interesting too.
Your landscape is beautiful. I feel the winter!
:)

I'm glad to see this thread being resurrected so I didn't miss these. ❤

Major van Gogh fan here. I'm not as familiar with Cezanne, but love Impressionism/post Impressionism in general. These really speak to me. Beautiful work!

Major van Gogh fan here. I'm not as familiar with Cezanne, but love Impressionism/post Impressionism in general. These really speak to me. Beautiful work!
What Cezanne tried to do was not just to draw the forms of the subject but to make us feel better the volumes. He used to tell that anything can be modeled by spheres, cylinders and cubes. These two lead the painting from the 19h to the 20th century.

Back