Fire and Ice

ZenDruid

Supporting Member
Inspired by Ragnarok, Norse legend of end times by ice and fire. Cheery. This was mostly smearing random paints with a card until I turned it different ways and saw something I liked.. Acrylics on 9x12" canvas board, card, brush and knife. C&C welcome.

1636930182402.jpeg

I see a Minotaur type figure touching helmets with some kind of warrior in front of a smith’s fire. Maybe handing over a freshly made weapon. I love it.

I really like it, very dramatic. I see a forge too, and two helmeted guys looking closely at something. I like the brushstrokes and the white highlights.

Thank you Mary, Wayne, Triduana and Queen Bee. :) I like the idea of warriors around a forge fire, my original thought was just people trying to keep warm. This is a much darker palette than usual.

Zen! I love this. It is mysterious and beautiful. It is perfect for your inspiration description. Just wonderful. I like all aspects of this. ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

Lots to pick out of this one. I see a hooded figure in the background and Druids or something bending over a cauldron of fire. Or something else. Not sure. :giggle:;)❤️

This is so cool! Dramatic coloring and mood. All these various figures, the warmth in the center. Really like the idea of shaping with a card. :) This is one to gaze on. Great work, Zen!

Zen! I love this. It is mysterious and beautiful. It is perfect for your inspiration description. Just wonderful. I like all aspects of this. ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ ♥️
Thank you Arty, very generous!:) Never sure if something will work.

Last edited:
Lots to pick out of this one. I see a hooded figure in the background and Druids or something bending over a cauldron of fire. Or something else. Not sure. :giggle:;)❤️
Thanks snoball! :) What I like is the figures are indistinct, lets the imagination work.

This is so cool! Dramatic coloring and mood. All these various figures, the warmth in the center. Really like the idea of shaping with a card. :) This is one to gaze on. Great work, Zen!
Thank you Terri! Those figures are the result of pushing and pulling paint around with a card, but I didn't see it until I started rotating the picture and looking. Right now my favorite card is an old drivers license.:)

I once did a background with some extra thick acrylic and used an old credit card. It was fun, and really worked well. I sure didn't get anything like a fully realized painting, though. ;) I just love your description of how you got there!

What a powerful painting! I love it, especially the way the "figures" merge and flow with the background. Now I have that Led Zeppelin song stuck in my head ... we come from the land of the ice and snow from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow ...

Donna, Thank you! :) That's the Immigrant Song, a good one, had to play it again just now since you mentioned it.

Great colors !
Lots to see here - welder helmets on workers as they crate a secret weapon, or something.

Back