Exploring colored pencils

This is poly on top of prisma with light use of Gamsol and touches of micron.
00E7D4A3-F192-4613-BECB-550E1257229A.jpeg

How beautiful. You blow my mind Scamall! ♥️
Thank you, I really like the poly chromos top of the prisma color and felt like I got the best of both worlds in that way. Touching it up with micron helped sharpen the details a little bit more than I was capable of as I learn a little bit more about colored pencil

I haven’t done very much colored pencil work but just bought some polychromos which I think I like better than the prismacolor. This little study is polychromo on pastel paper 9 x 12 with a little bit of detail from micron. I think the white is too bright. I would appreciate any help!View attachment 19463
Very nice! I love the way Prismas blend but Polychromos can get such sharper points, so you can easily add details. Plus, they're actually lightfast.

You asked about solutions. I use Gamsol sometimes to get more layers and depth. You need to use very, very little. I use a paint brush, dip, and blot on a paper towel before applying it. You need to have several layers already down otherwise it just wets the paper and leaves an oily ring around your drawing. Just make sure to ventilate the area well, as Gamsol is toxic. There's a nontoxic solution, called Zest It I think, but it never seems to be in stock when I try to buy it.

Also, I think the white highlights look good. 🙂

Back