Experimenting with ink splash and ball point

Ah! hi ,yes I know I've been completely quiet so far . Busy with trying reincarnate creatively with a new drawing method in the face of physical & especially motivational obstacles. What is art? about etc. Then I saw Scamells work on this thread,I just had to comment - Special ! just because it is so creative -That's it ! That's what I used to love about art & that's the shape of the void that's been left in my heart.
Now I am reminded of the value of that sadly now endangered beast , the art forum ! There is genuine value in both seeing the work of others, sharing my own & discussing art work in some depth on occasion.
Mike
Wow, Mike! There are so many aspects of art that I value, but you hit on the most important one to me, that of creativity and play. I love seeing how everyone incorporates that sense of creativity and play in their work and that certainly “creatively sparks” my own.

Hi Maureen, nice to see you here ;)
I'm not so sure about beauty in art being the highest goal in the very traditional sense any longer ! -SHOCK !
Selfish maybe ? but from now on I'm intending to just work for myself ,to explore & see if it goes anywhere.
Scamall put it best "creativity and play" , & why do we play ? - to have fun of course !
I can remember the well worn phrase when I was a young kid ,you'd knock on a young friends door & say to their parents -"Is Billy coming out to play ?" Well that's what an art forum is largely about for me. & what so called social media is not about !
Cheers Mike

Back