Everything Has Gone PeteTong

Iain

2 eyes.
Everything's gone Pete Tong.jpg

I don't think sno is just hungry because I can't help but to see this too, yet I would never eat an egg. This one is an interesting one, Iain. :)

Thank you, peeps. What would I do without you? (peeps?)

Yes, interesting. It could be a candidate for the Weird Thread (or the recycle bin). I like the 3d illusion, like a box canvas.

I did consider naming it "You cannot make an omelette..." (without breaking eggs).
I did not know the movie of the title, so was struck by a certain parallel:

It's All Gone Pete Tong is a 2004 British-Canadian mockumentary-drama film about a DJ (Paul Kaye) who goes completely deaf. The title uses a rhyming slang phrase used in Britain from the 1980s (Pete Tong = "wrong"), referring to the BBC Radio 1 DJ Pete Tong.

"The classic description for BVMD is the bilateral yellow egg-yolk appearance of the macula."

Apologies for instigating both hunger and revulsion simultaneously. 😊

It's eggs for me too. Ah, you just answered my question about the title, Iain. I know you said your titles don't necessarily have anything to do with the art but I felt there must have been some association this time. The title makes this piece even more interesting, if not a little sad.

Thank you, Donna. Your comments are always much appreciated.

I wanted to add something more in response, but it escapes me just now. It happens.

The first thing I saw in this was two men in profile arguing - maybe over an orange. Two men, that is, trying to be puzzle pieces. Then I saw the eggs. Interesting piece!

Thank you, Trufflecat.

Apparently representational art evolved from the identification of recognizable forms in random shapes. An animal in the bark of a tree, for instance.

I really like this

Thanks Dave.

Back