End Of The Trail

Enyaw

namuh
009w.jpg

11 x 14 inches .. oil on paper .. alla prima .. painted Nov 7/22
I have been playing with landscapes and trying to abstract them but I am not liking what I am coming up with and with no plan it's a useless struggle. I will move back over to abstract\expressionism with my next piece.

I think this is beautiful - but you're right, I don't see abstract in this. Still, it's a beauty to my eyes ❤️

It's a nice painting, Wayne, and when you figure out how to abstract landscapes please let me know. It seems that once a horizon line is established the spell of the abstract is broken for me - not sure how others get around that.

Why fight what you are! You do great without more abstraction. And I continue to see broadening of your typical palette.

Thank you Donna. I caught a church steeple , autumn trees, blue sky, green trees .. I thought for a moment I saw a way to reduce the objects so I do have an idea to research.

Why fight what you are! You do great without more abstraction. And I continue to see broadening of your typical palette.
Actually, the landscapes I do now are part and parcel of the artists that I have done studies on their works and found what works for them. When I paint abstract I have freewill at my disposal. Anything goes. What better place to spend some painting time and learn through the gifts of trial and error. When you get a gift you add it to your repertoire and move on in search of another.

WOW! Nice one. Pulls me in to the place. The meadow is fantastic with it's array of hues.

Thanks Ayin .. yes, sometimes a muted color in oil will shine like no tomorrow. They are a lovely medium.

Thans NTL ..

That green is lovely Wayne. Withe the textured variation adding flow - very nice.

Well maybe you don't think it is abstracted enough but many folks will find this more appealing. But I hear you. I'm in the same boat of trying to do abstract landscapes. How to find that line right between representational and abstract. Not easy. The greens of the field are really nice. I like how you showed distance with the strokes.

Thanks John, Sen, and Bart. I can get away in still life but landscapes still question my attack. Not a big deal as I only paint to amuse myself anyway.

Back