Earth Work

Iain

2 eyes.
Just like those archaeologists who discovered the Sarcophagi in Egypt, I was excavating and uncovered this approximately 7" below the soil surface.

I often find myself trying to distance myself from what I make, for one reason or another, and here I am taking the opposite approach and laying claim to something I did not make. So, with the power bestowed on us by Duchamp (or is it Dali? Desforges! :)) I give you...

(A pathetic fallacy?)

Earthwork.jpg

A pathetic fallacy!!!
Or is it phallic prototype!
I have just noticed this post, Iain.
My conclusion is that the thing is part of a die cutter to create menstrual cups or some kind of diaphragm.
Just maybe?

Attachments

• 0E837CED-E2E3-401F-A9F9-5CC7DDA2AC2F.jpeg
    0E837CED-E2E3-401F-A9F9-5CC7DDA2AC2F.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 187
Not sure of the material, but it is like alabaster, I believe. Hence, my reclamation of it as a statue, of sorts.

I have Morrissey in my ear. Every song a plea for euthanasia. Why shoot the messenger?

Not sure of the material, but it is like alabaster, I believe. Hence, my reclamation of it as a statue, of sorts.

I have Morrissey in my ear. Every song a plea for euthanasia. Why shoot the messenger?
Both parts of your post sound painful!
Have a nice day! 🤓

Yes, so painful. I considered jamming (hoho!) the..."thingy" into the said ear.

It is evening here, dear (excuse the patronising word: I can't help it: it just fit).

It is evening...

If the thingie fits, it just does...
If it doesn't fit, you acquit!
Have a nice evening in your part of the world!

Sorry about your painful ear Iain. I know inner ear infections are horribly painful and mess with your balance too. I hope you recover quickly.
😟

Thanks, sno, I'm fine. It was my daughter's music. You must be psychic though, because I did have a sore throat and ear, but that diminished as rapidly as it appeared.

Actually, I toyed with using Pathetic Phallacy.

Maybe it fell off a statue from antiquity, a statue fashioned by a mediocre sculptor, long since forgotten. And here am I resurrecting it, so to speak.

Last edited:
I would like an instant grab glue, alternative to super glue, Des., if anyone knows if such exists...

Back