Dream's Edge II

Enyaw

namuh
aaa.jpg

11 x 14 inches oil on paper .. alla prima .. painted Nov 3/22

Last edited:
Thank you Sno. You have artist's eyes. You don't need to understand the language to understand the painting.

Thanks JennieJo, Bart, and QueenB

Another beautiful variation of this subject! I do love the way your knife work adds a sculptural element to the clouds and rocks and water. It's hard to imagine this subject done in flat, smooth brush strokes and eliciting the same feeling of depth, me for anyway.

Thank you Donna. I have been playing and in playing I find that if I dramatically change the landscape but still retain the landscape bones, it doesn't work. Seems to me this coloring would do wonders in abstract. I will have to try that one day. Busy now painting shelves for my wife and then her laundry room. How I hate that type of painting. 😂

It would be interesting to see these colors as an abstract, Wayne; natural colors without the landscape bones. I guess you can't really argue against the shelf and laundry room job ... you are an experienced painter after all! 😁

Exciting and beautiful! I really like the pop of that large white cloud, and the movement throughout the whole piece. Love!!!

I love the white in this one, especially the bits of yellow in there. Something about that makes it spectacular in my heart. ♥️

I once read never use white but sometimes white is good. Thank you Ayin
You know the line about "rules were meant to be broken". Never this, always that - clear clues to areas needing exploration and experimentation, and some folks in advanced stages of fossilization!

Henry David Thoreau
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.

The Hippies:
Do your own thing man .

Back