Diamond in the Sky with Lucy

john

I originally had no plan for the people or the house but the painting just asked for them. I protested, saying this was to be an abstract, but the damn painting got it's way. I grudgingly must admit that I like them there. People. Like they're a part of nature or something. :)

11 x 14 inches, watercolor

1670974174427.png

Last edited:
At least your painting was polite enough to ask. People - and most recently crypto-hominids - just show up in many of my sketchbook doodles!

Anyway, I like your painting! The people and the house are nice additions, imho. The title is also fun! Any chance there's a nod to St Lucy in there, she being associated and celebrated with light for the visually compromised; her day was on Dec 10.

Excellent, and in this case I think your painting knew what it required. :giggle:❤️

It is incredible.. painting and meaning.
Thanks AJ.
At least your painting was polite enough to ask. People - and most recently crypto-hominids - just show up in many of my sketchbook doodles!

Anyway, I like your painting! The people and the house are nice additions, imho. The title is also fun! Any chance there's a nod to St Lucy in there, she being associated and celebrated with light for the visually compromised; her day was on Dec 10.
Crypto-hominids? Oh Bigfoots etc?? LOL If they start showing up in my paintings I've really gone down a new tangent. :)

Thanks. Interesting about St Lucy. Didn't know.
Excellent, and in this case I think your painting knew what it required. :giggle:❤️

Thanks Sno.
Perfect John. They are back home .
Thanks Erik.

What a fantastical painting, John! It's a landscape but not a real landscape so there's lots of room for interpretation. Paintings always manage to get their way, as if they know what is best!

I can't tell you how much I love this because you may not believe me, but I am loving your art more and more John. WOW!!!! ♥️ ♥️

I love it too, it's a mix of representational with the figures, and abstract I'd say.

This is lovely, John! I am drawn to your sweeping curves. ❤️

Glad you like it Terri. I'm trying see how much can be done with loops and the overlapping layers of transparency that watercolor is so good at. Plus it's just fun to make these big strokes and let the paint do it's thing.
What a fantastical painting, John! It's a landscape but not a real landscape so there's lots of room for interpretation. Paintings always manage to get their way, as if they know what is best!

Thanks Donna. It is interesting how they seem to speak to us if we listen isn't it. That dialogue is cool.

I can't tell you how much I love this because you may not believe me, but I am loving your art more and more John. WOW!!!! ♥️ ♥️

LOL Thanks Ayin. I believe you. And darn it, I believe in me too! I think. :)
I love it too, it's a mix of representational with the figures, and abstract I'd say.

Glad you like it Capt. Yeah it's not sure what it is. :)

I love it. Those sweeping lines, the transparency of the colours, and the people are a perfect addition. I'm glad you listened to your painting! 🙂

Back