Desert residence

Artyczar

I collect a LOT of desert residence images. I either take them myself or steal them from the web. Here are a few that I've actually used in my art.

buzzardsroostphoto.jpg

dusthousephoto.jpg

deckrockphoto.jpg

quarterref.jpg

ED FREEMAN

Arty, I love looking at houses like this...quirky, little abodes. I was just looking at Ed Freeman’s photography last night. I don’t know if he’s from California, but he has a series of CA houses, and western houses, and desert houses. I like the old motels, and gas stations, too. Maybe you‘ll find more inspiration....?

Yes, I like some of those. There's an old filler station (when's the last time you've heard it called that?) on my way to Palm Springs when I go to the doctor. I take the backroads and I've been meaning to take a photo of it. I will one day. It's pretty cool. Very rundown. Nothing was fancy about it, but someone has painted a squiggly flower on the sign. Looks interesting to me.

I’ve seen these before and I love ‘em!
I think they’re some of my favorite things you do.

Since I’m so very “House Obsessive,” these are inspirational to me. Makes me want to try and figure out a way to paint something architectural myself, but I hate doing straight edge things. But I see....you bring the wobble line and it’s great.

(Why am I still talking? I’m suppose to be hibernating...!)

Love seeing the influence behind the paintings. I do wonder about people who put their trampolines on stilts. 😊 Love that second little cabin.

Lovely little bits of ugly that are so beautiful in their own light. I thought you made most of that from imanigation.

Looking at that landscape, it makes you wonder, what was there thousands of years ago. If there was water.
:geek::love::unsure:

Thanks Iain! I was just as surprised to see that when it came up on YouTube. I talked to the guy afterward and thanked him. He was really nice. He later interviewed me in person, but then he found out his camera wasn't on, so we nixed the whole thing. :(

Yes what the guy said about 'the sense of personality' with your work is spot on. How cool to have a vid of the exhi, shame about the interview tho. I love these desert residences, so quirky and creative, would love to meet the people who built them. No wonder you were inspired🙂

Thank you laf. That also made me feel good, the thing about the personality. I tend to think of the painting bits as little personalities, like how the painted paper and the fabric shapes come (interact) together.

The codes out here for building are very lax in comparison to the city, so people get pretty creative with their houses here.

Thank you laf. That also made me feel good, the thing about the personality. I tend to think of the painting bits as little personalities, like how the painted paper and the fabric shapes come (interact) together.

The codes out here for building are very lax in comparison to the city, so people get pretty creative with their houses here.
Its lovely to see what creative freedom can produce🙂

Back