Dark Windows

ZenDruid

Supporting Member
Calling it done. Inspired by The Doors song "People Are Strange" (link below). Acrylics on 16x20 inch stretched canvas, brush, knife and photoshop. C&C welcome as always, thanks for looking.

1653275228866.jpeg

Love this. I also really love the way you created the background on it. Very painterly the way I like art in general. :) ♥️

This is great! I'm familiar with the song and see how you pulled from it. I agree with Arty that your background is painterly - holds it up perfectly. ❤️

Love this. I also really love the way you created the background on it. Very painterly the way I like art in general. :) ♥️
Thank you Arty, I appreciate that. I had this on the easel for a long time figuring out what I wanted to do. :)

This is great! I'm familiar with the song and see how you pulled from it. I agree with Arty that your background is painterly - holds it up perfectly. ❤️
Thanks Terri, I'm glad you like it! I figured if I was going to mention the song, I should link it. I like the idea of "painterly", glad that it worked. :)

People are indeed strange. This is so cool, Zen. As always, I like hearing that this one evolved over time. It seems that if we push this kind of work it pushes back and doesn't always end well.

People are indeed strange. This is so cool, Zen. As always, I like hearing that this one evolved over time. It seems that if we push this kind of work it pushes back and doesn't always end well.
Thank you Donna! This is actually a painting over a painting. The original was a starburst in yellow, I thought I had an idea but it didn't jell. So I painted this right on top of it, no gesso or other removal. Traces of the yellow are there. And I got hung up again, so I let it sit while I practiced my pencil drawing skills and filled up a small sketchbook. Finally, about a week ago, I had some clarity and finished it. Voila! :)

Back