New Moon

ZenDruid

Supporting Member
A new experiment for me, painting small. Acrylics on 4x6 inch canvas board, brush and photoshop. C&C welcome.

1659063580911.jpeg

Something almost spiritual about this, and very unique. Well done Zen. Yellow and green rule! ♥️
Thank you Ayin! Without thinking about it, coincidentally I did post this last night on the new moon. Serendipity :)

Last edited:
Nice one, Zen! I like the contrast of the black shapes with the colors. There's always something so strong about that combination. I've been meaning to learn more about Franz Kline so thanks for the reminder.

Nice one, Zen! I like the contrast of the black shapes with the colors. There's always something so strong about that combination. I've been meaning to learn more about Franz Kline so thanks for the reminder.
Thank you Donna! Yes, I discovered Kline's work last year and then forgot his name and couldn't find him again, until now. But I remembered his art, his strong black shapes did influence me, I'm happy to admit. Another I like is Hans Hoffman for colors. :)

This has an exotic Middle Eastern look to it, almost like Islamic calligraphy. Very nice!
Thank you Trufflecat! Yes I do like calligraphy, did some penmanship at on time. I like to use it occasionally in painting without actually copying from another culture. I make up my own unintelligible lettering. Although I did cheat twice on two paintings, using Chinese and Sanskrit, to say "joy" and "blessings." :)

Last edited:
You packed a lot in on your small canvas, Zen - and it's wonderful! Your blocks of color (definitely including the black!), the symbols - all elevate this small piece into a meaningful work of art. I don't know how you do it! ❤️

You packed a lot in on your small canvas, Zen - and it's wonderful! Your blocks of color (definitely including the black!), the symbols - all elevate this small piece into a meaningful work of art. I don't know how you do it! ❤️
Slight of hand! Thank you Terri :)

Back