Costa de Caparica Memories

MurrayG

Contributing Member
Hi Folks, the weather is still wet and cold here. After moving my easel down to the living room in the warm, looking at the easel made me do something.
From a photo while walking along the beautiful Costa de Caparica beach in Portugal. Not quite true to life but I wanted to capture the sense of the cliffs behind the beach. Portugal was a fun place to visit, but its also where I got my dose of Covid that flattened me for a while. Anyways, here it is, 50x32 cm on MyTintes smooth side using mostly Sennelier and some Rembrandts (soft pastels). I think it's done, so I need to stop playing....

IMG_0606.jpg

Last edited:
The living room has a wood heater, warm. The top floor is a bit chilly in this crazy weather. Down stairs the easel looks at me as it stands in the fleeting sunshine.... Can't disappoint it.

Lovely painting Murray
Thanks CaliAnn, appreciated. The area is quite stunning, a popular surf beach. The beach is actually quite wide in places but narrows further along. Ive taken licence to combine the cliffs and narrow beach to get a sense of the place. The pigface succulents on the beach were so colourful just then....

Beautifu. Love the way the cliffs draw the eyes to the horizon and then they walk back along the beach,

Beautiful! You captured a lovely scene, and the textures in this one are wonderful. ❤️

Thanks for that Jo. It's hard to ignore when it's right there 🤪 I have a new sheet on the board already.

Back