Chroma Scraper

Thank you very much Joy, Captain, and john. I appreciate your words very much.

Personally, I never look at abstract art in terms of a representational approach. I don't like speaking to my own work though. Maybe wrong thread to get into this. But I began looking at a lot of abstract art before learning much about realism and representational stuff. It purely an emotional and compositional language for me (both in painting and looking).
From the wee bit I know about abstract art, I personally enjoy it more without feeling "obligated" to find tangible objects in it. How interesting you learned about abstract first. My learning started with (too many) books , TV shows and a high school art history class.

I was first exposed to abstract as a very young child and then sought out more as a young teenager. I didn't go to high school, or school at all really. I later took an art appreciation course in my late 30s and I did watch Sister Wendy on PBS as an adult, so I got a little art history here and there. I grabbed more art history mostly in my early 40s on the internet and in books, but I made a deep study of abstract artists from childhood on starting with Klee and Kandinsky.

I was first exposed to abstract as a very young child and then sought out more as a young teenager. I didn't go to high school, or school at all really. I later took an art appreciation course in my late 30s and I did watch Sister Wendy on PBS as an adult, so I got a little art history here and there. I grabbed more art history mostly in my early 40s on the internet and in books, but I made a deep study of abstract artists from childhood on starting with Klee and Kandinsky.

That's really cool. Nice story! :)

Back