Cedars Sinai Hospital

Artyczar

I submitted to donate a piece to Cedars Sinai hospital in Los Angeles (you have to go through a committee to be approved for their collection) and it was approved. I am so honored.

downtownburbankdetail.jpg

Yes, congratulations! It's not surprising it was approved. It's a beauty and perfect for the location. And so vibrant! It will certainly engage the visitor and brighten the establishment!

So committees do sometimes make (good) decisions. 😁

Ha...I guess committees are hit and miss actually. I submitted more than this one (three total) and they only picked the one. I'm grateful, don't get me wrong, but it would have been nice if they took all of them. Maybe they only have one piece per artist. I'm really not sure. I know that LAC+USC Medical Center is taking more than one. I think all three that I submitted. They are easier to get into though, so I've heard.

So I'll be in three hospitals total. One in San Francisco has five--but those were purchased.

That is quite an achievement. I wonder how common it is for an artist to have work in multiple hospitals. Not very, I imagine. I know in our major hospital they have temporary exhibitions. And I'm not talking about when a patient's gown inadvertently flies open...

I was just looking at the website of our major hospital. The Arts and Wellbeing coordinator's name is, wonderfully, Babs McCool. !!!

Could there be a more appropriate name?

Congratulations! And I love the painting! It will look great in their collection. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Thank you so much Trier, EJH and Bongo. I appreciate you well-wishing and congrats very much! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Bongo, thanks for the compliment. I like Hockney.

Back