Cathedral Bridge

Trier

Supporting Member
This has some of the "chain lightning" effect as the previous one for the same reason; i.e. inexperience with pastels.
Scene was based on some image on the net, probably from the Virtual Paintout site.
18x24in pastel/brown Kraft paper

DSCN4240CatBridgePasteM1l.JPG

when I find it again I will touch it up now that I know a little more about pastels, mainly from SLG here.

Wonderful! I don't think it needs touching up. It's great as it is! ♥️ I love all the curved arches in this.

sno - Thanks a million, it means a lot.

Wayne -
Hey, I'm glad you see some possibilities. I am going to try some improvements of a easily reversible nature.

Arty -
Don't worry, I too like it as is, and whatever I do will not be permanent, as I told Wayne.

joe - Thank you for keeping up, much appreciated.

if interested it's the green I see through the tunnels that I personally think weak. Too much wall effect for the rest of the piece. The rest works: for me anyway.

if interested it's the green I see through the tunnels that I personally think weak. Too much wall effect for the rest of the piece. The rest works: for me anyway.
Ha ! Exactly what bothered me after I thought I had finished it. I wondered if it would be noticed by the artists here, or whether it was just me.

I thought they looked like a half watermelon, and struggled about what I could do to them, but didn't know enough about pastels to mess around much without ruining everything. So I posted to see what would happen.

Thanks for spotting that and reinforcing my desire to somehow break up the flatness without bringing the area forward.

Your honest critique has really helped.
I think I have figured out how to mess with it without painting myself into a corner that I won't be able to get out of. (Famous Last Words).

Put some red into green on a piece of clear plastic and then hold the plastic over the tunnel. By muting it, it should get pushed back which should give it it's proper place in the picture and you can see if it works without touching the original.

Nice repetition of arches throughout, it works well. I agree about the "wall of green." pleasing piece, in all.

Thanks Wayne and ntl.
I already have the plastic, but now have mislaid the painting in all this mess !

Back