California Neighborhood

KatShealy

My son took a picture while he was on a walk. I certainly didn't do it justice but threw it on paper for fun. Is line and wash considered mixed media?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211103-041249_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20211103-041249_Photos.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 108
This is simply charming Kat! I really like how you handled the paint in this, and I don't notice the line so much so it looks a lot like a pure watercolor. Very nicely done! ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

I personally think it's still considered a watercolor. I may just change the name of this forum "Water Media" just to be a bit more inclusive. You can also always cross post your work according to genre (if you wish).

Lovely Kat.

I agree with Arty, I think this would still be considered watercolor.

This is simply charming Kat! I really like how you handled the paint in this, and I don't notice the line so much so it looks a lot like a pure watercolor. Very nicely done! ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

I personally think it's still considered a watercolor. I may just change the name of this forum "Water Media" just to be a bit more inclusive. You can also always cross post your work according to genre (if you wish).
Thank you. Getting to be fun.

i love line and wash... that play between soft color and the more stark hard edges of the ink! this is great!

That sounds a good idea. Watermedia would covering a lot.

An inviting painting.
I'd like to support the idea of a water media forum. The challenge in here also includes all kinds of water media.
Not being a purist about watercolors

It would be really hard to create a thread or a forum that my artwork would be comfortably stuck in. I use anything within arms reach to get a point across.

Thank you. I can't wait to sit down and see everyone else's art. I've had just enough time to throw a few things out there as I'm cleaning up.my files. Can't wait to relax.

What a lovely scene. I love those colours. I really like line and wash, it's something I want to do more of.

I will have to post the reference photo. My son said he'd take me there when I come to visit. If I draw this again for painting, I guarantee you I will grid that paper or canvas first. I'm not into torture.

Line is accepted into watercolor paintings but not for exhibitions. I’m very fond of using ink with wc and think it lends a bit of finesse plus confidence. Love your scene!

I have a lot to learn. Never asked anyone about what's involved with galleries and exhibitions. It can all get pretty particular when you start getting serious about the business end of it. The first thing I had to learn was how to ship a drawing. Haven't done much, but my son in California said there are more people buying art there than where I live. I think I'll just draw and leave the business end to him.

Your painting is inviting. Would love to take a walk through your painting.

Back