By Any Other Name ...

Enyaw

namuh
002.jpg

11 x 14 inches .. oil on paper .. alla prima .. knife .. painted Jan 3/22

I think you could knock out these (knife works) in your sleep. This is pretty wonderful, says one who doesn't care for hybrid roses.

Thank you Iain:
That's ok if you don't like roses cause it's not really a rose it's a symbol of a rose as it's more about light and color than anything else.
I paint in my dreams but I never get to see a finished piece .. by the time I get to the second piece of the painting I can't remember how to do the first piece. All freaking night long. Weird old dream.

I love the colors of your symbolic rose! Very beautiful painting. ❤

Thank you Iain:
That's ok if you don't like roses cause it's not really a rose it's a symbol of a rose as it's more about light and color than anything else.
I paint in my dreams but I never get to see a finished piece .. by the time I get to the second piece of the painting I can't remember how to do the first piece. All freaking night long. Weird old dream.
I guess I was trying to express my appreciation of the painting by dissing (ha!) the manufactured (hybrid) rose.

Once again you have done some incredible work with a knife! Such a beautiful color scheme too.

Thank you Donna. I had 3 left over colours from the day before so they went into the palette and became the main.

Thank you Jo.
It wasn't so much the left overs as what they were. When I looked at the 3 little puddles I saw three different values of a similar theme. So when I put the symbolic flower in I used all three in their perspective value places. Then when I blended in the light middle and dark, I ended up with 3 different hues that were happily married. Then it was just a matter of adding those colors in their respective hues into the background and foreground with other colors. Lucky me, it worked out. Not all thoughts work out but some are worth following.

Back