Butterfly garden

Terri

Supporting Member
Another faux emulsion lift (I wrote about that process here ).

I sliced this one up pretty well and the paper tolerated my butchery a little better:

Butterfly garden.jpg

An issue for me now is just the age of my printer. It's a discontinued Epson, and I'm using all expired inks at this stage, so even the most exact settings don't render much of a print. This is a process that has me interested, so buying a new photo printer is something I can't put off too much longer. Thanks for looking!

I'm speechless (no small feat for me:))! This is so amazingly beautiful! So creative and interesting and colorful - blown away!

Wow! This is so creative and beautiful! Really wonderful Terri. You continue to amaze me.

I HATE when Epson does that. I started going with Canon now. They have been giving me less trouble, but I think all these photo printers are buggy anyway, discontinued or not. I wound up repairing my last Epson--spent over $500 in repairs and then sold it for $600 in the end, but paid over $1600 in the first place.

Wow is right! You do such amazing things with your photos, Terri! Sorry about the printer woes. You need something that will enable you to do more like this.

This is super Terri. I love the floating pieces of happy. Big old fluffy snow flakes just dancing their way down to the ground.

CaliAnn, Ayin, Donna, Wayne - thank you all so much for the kind words! It really means a lot. ❤️

Ayin, the little bit of research I've done has pointed me in the direction of Canon. That's likely where I'll end up. I agree they're all a little buggy, and waste ink needlessly. Bastards. 😉

This process is printer-dependent, so my griping isn't a workaround. I just have to suck it up and try to get a good deal. My Epson isn't much good for much beyond text these days.

Wow, Terri, this is so beautiful! Some of the pieces look like they want to merge into butterflies themselves. I hope you are able to pursue and exploit this process.

Very interesting Terri. Love the way you manipulate the image. It has that floating look of a butterfly flying, to me.

Thanks, Jennie! Really happy you like it.

Sno, thank you for the kind words!

❤️

Back