Bodega Bay

Bartc

Bodega Bay over Doran Park watercolor & ink.jpg
Bodega Bay over Doran Park. 7x5" watercolor & ink on paper. B. Charlow 2023

Very nice; very tranquil. I enjoy the different shades of green. The yellow reflection adds a bit of warmth to the painting. I like this very mjuch. Thanks for sharing.

Lovely scene. I really like the range of greens and how you've used the ink to draw the tall vegetation.

Thanks everyone. BTW, the yellow green was actually an algae bloom that did contrast that sharply with the blue water reflections in real life.

Very nice! Rather inspiring!
(But who'd name a bay "Grocery Store"? 😁)

--Rich
Think storehouse for mariners and fishermen. This is a very old place visited by Russian, English, Spanish and American traders and seafarers. It's a sheltered area that would have attracted some trading and settling many times over, not to mention the Native Americans who inhabited it. Any natural harbor that had even a small trading post would have been a "bodega" to them. Bodega doesn't literally translate as "grocery store", though many are just that today. It translates as "store" or "warehouse".

Think storehouse for mariners and fishermen. This is a very old place visited by Russian, English, Spanish and American traders and seafarers. It's a sheltered area that would have attracted some trading and settling many times over, not to mention the Native Americans who inhabited it. Any natural harbor that had even a small trading post would have been a "bodega" to them. Bodega doesn't literally translate as "grocery store", though many are just that today. It translates as "store" or "warehouse".
Ah! Similar to Indian place names on Long Island, NY. Many of them (so I've been told) meant "safe harbor".

--Rich

Back