Blue angel

Terri

Supporting Member
I shot this with my Lensbaby, something I haven't played with in a while!

For anyone who cares, this was shot with TriX 400 film, at f5.6 LB. I toned this in blue toner at a 1:10 dilution for about 20 seconds. I really like toning B&W prints.

Blue angel,LB f5.6 TriX400 1-10 dilution 20s.jpg

All comments welcomed and appreciated. Thanks for looking!

Love it: almost majestic if it isn't.
.. beautiful song as well ... Blue Angel .. Rob Orbison for those who have not hear it.

Wayne, Deborah, Lazarus - thank you all for the kind words! ❤️

Wayne, does Roy Orbison sing anything badly? <--- We call that a rhetorical question, because of course the answer is No. ;)

Sha-la-la! 🎵

I shot this with my Lensbaby, something I haven't played with in a while!

For anyone who cares, this was shot with TriX 400 film, at f5.6 LB.
Oooh, I like it! Such a nice, subtle blue.
Is a Lensbaby that tilt and shift thing? Tri-X developed in Rodinal is my favorite for B&W. I wanna say I got the idea to try it from Ralph Gibson's work. That man made some kind of grainy magic in his photos!

Oooh, I like it! Such a nice, subtle blue.
Is a Lensbaby that tilt and shift thing? Tri-X developed in Rodinal is my favorite for B&W. I wanna say I got the idea to try it from Ralph Gibson's work. That man made some kind of grainy magic in his photos!
Thanks, Lamar! Sounds like I should look at Ralph Gibson. ;) Yes, I have the 2.0 version and there's some tilt/shift to be had. Super fun! Even when you think you know where that sweet spot's gonna land you can get a surprise.

Terrific shot, and I love the toning effect - it works perfectly for this image. The subtlety and texture in the out of focus area looks gorgeous.

I like that image very much. I used to buy 15m rolls of Kodak Tri-X 400 for my first camera, a Nikkormat FTn. I spent many Saturdays developing and printing photos, sometimes pushing the film to 800 or even 1600. I never tried toning, though. Here is one of the few I bothered to keep. My love of grungy textures developed early on.

S12-2.jpg

This is like an angel come to life through the film itself. Reminds me somewhat of a graveyard sculpture in a lot of ways! Hannah and I used to travel around and stop into grave yards just to take photos of all the beautiful, or weird, statues that stood over some of the graves. Some were magnificent, kind of like this. So ethereal, like someone said. I love the blue tinge. Stunning! Really near work Terri. ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ 👻

Terrific shot, and I love the toning effect - it works perfectly for this image. The subtlety and texture in the out of focus area looks gorgeous.
Thanks so much, triss! I'm so happy you like it.

This is like an angel come to life through the film itself. Reminds me somewhat of a graveyard sculpture in a lot of ways! Hannah and I used to travel around and stop into grave yards just to take photos of all the beautiful, or weird, statues that stood over some of the graves. Some were magnificent, kind of like this. So ethereal, like someone said. I love the blue tinge. Stunning! Really near work Terri. ♥️ ♥️ ♥️
Thank you, Arty! ❤️ I agree - graveyards, large cemeteries - they can be a ton of fun! You never know what you'll come across. I'll have to rumage around and see what else I processed. I know I've shot a few rolls in Oakland Cemetery in Atlanta. That place is beautiful, a real trip.

Nice work....looks like she is ascending.
Perry, thank you! I'm glad you like it. :)

I like that image very much. I used to buy 15m rolls of Kodak Tri-X 400 for my first camera, a Nikkormat FTn.
Very cool, Hermes! Thank you!

Back