Babbling Brook

Balaji

This is a watercolour painting on A3 size 270 gsm Chitrapat watercolour paper (rough). It is based on a demo by Kangkan Das, a leading Indian artist. Fairly early into my attempt my painting did not go forward as intended. I toyed with the idea of abandoning it and then decided to salvage it to the best of my ability. This is how it finally turned out.

Babbling Brook - WC.jpg

I am so happy you did not abandon this because I'm in love with it! There is something truly special about this. It's original and provocative. It has a very unique style and sense of place and isn't your average watercolor landscape, which is what makes it such a wonderful example of watercolor technique. Frame this immediately!!!! ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ ⚡

I am so happy you did not abandon this because I'm in love with it! There is something truly special about this. It's original and provocative. It has a very unique style and sense of place and isn't your average watercolor landscape, which is what makes it such a wonderful example of watercolor technique. Frame this immediately!!!! ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ ⚡
Thank you Artyczar. :)

I too am glad you didn't abandon it. It's beautiful - I love the sense of tranquility and those soft colours. :)

Great work guiding the viewer receeding into the background- lovely purple treeline and water movement in foreground too. Good job!

Back