Autumn Sun On Neighbor's Tree And Truck

Trier

Supporting Member
Further down Douglas Drive some years ago.
PA sketch & photo used for studio painting.

17x11 acrylic/cardboard
DSCN0012SunTreTruk.JPG

I feel that I learned a lot in painting this.. can't remember just what now!

I see such innocence in this one. It reminds me of Easter to a child. Hope that don't offend you. I found the house and vehicle but the overall feel is jelly beans and beautiful colors. It's a feel good image.

I love the yellow in this. It's very good. I'd like to know what you learned if you can remember later. Was it to loosen up and be free? that's what I can feel and see in this. It inspires me to do the same. :)

This is such a pleasure to look at. I love the loose, almost playful shapes of the trees. And the color scheme works really well.

I feel that I learned a lot in painting this..
Well you learned how to make me dance with joy, I can tell you that. 💃

I love everything in this painting - palette, curving lines...those touches of deep blue make me very happy! A winner for me, Trier!

I left behind hickory trees in NY that turned golden-yellow in the fall and I remember standing underneath them in their yellow-infused light. It was as if they were the source of the light and you've captured that effect here so well, Trier! This is such a beauty!

I think this is wonderful. I love those big fluid shapes and the colour is just luminous! :)

I see such innocence in this one. It reminds me of Easter to a child. Hope that don't offend you. I found the house and vehicle but the overall feel is jelly beans and beautiful colors. It's a feel good image.
Thanks a lot Wayne, that is a compliment not a crit to me, as one of the things I was shooting for was an undiluted "childish" joy in the wonderful Autumn sunshine. Glad you found it.

The light hitting the trees is stunning, very well done!
Cheers
Tanja
Thank you Tanjaf, it was a stunningly beautiful day.
I love the yellow in this. It's very good. I'd like to know what you learned if you can remember later. Was it to loosen up and be free? that's what I can feel and see in this. It inspires me to do the same. :)
Hey Arty, yes, one of the things was to loosen up and be free as you said. I think I also learned that the other elements in the painting can be really held back and not detailed in order to just concentrate on the main thing.
This is such a pleasure to look at. I love the loose, almost playful shapes of the trees. And the color scheme works really well.
Thanks Jessie, I am pleased it gives you pleasure.
Well you learned how to make me dance with joy, I can tell you that. 💃

I love everything in this painting - palette, curving lines...those touches of deep blue make me very happy! A winner for me, Trier!
Thank is a wonderful comment Terri. amusing but serious and I am flattered.
I left behind hickory trees in NY that turned golden-yellow in the fall and I remember standing underneath them in their yellow-infused light. It was as if they were the source of the light and you've captured that effect here so well, Trier! This is such a beauty!
Right on Donna, that golden light on yellow trees gives a glow that I miss very much now down here, I know the feeling you describe very well.
I think this is wonderful. I love those big fluid shapes and the colour is just luminous! :)
Luminousity is what attracted me about the scene and I am so glad that you can see it Kay.

It took me a while to see the truck, lol! I see puzzle pieces in this :) .

"Jellybeans and beautiful colors", I like that. This is a beautiful uninhibited painting and it is lovely. Well done! ❤️❤️

Love the bright light thru that foliage and elsewhere, and the bold shapes. The truck fits in nicely without overpowering.(y)

Back