Atmosphere At The Bar

Enyaw

namuh
003.jpg

11 x 14 oil on paper .. Alla Prima . I thought she had brown hair, but I could have been mislead ..

Love it and it does have a stained glass effect. Abstract, yet you can outline the different figures. Very good. ❤️ ❤️

thank you Joe and Arty.
I tend to think of it as similar to a coloring book where you paint in between the lines keeping each shape sacred to one hue. In mine the exceptions are broken color, atmospheric affect, and composition.
Ex: Left viewer lower bottom: if you look at it from left to right you see the brown girl in a purple dress but if you look at it from right to left you see a yellow faced girl's head with brown hair before you see the brown girl. The vanishing point hides all that girls hair and so your eyes fill in the blank. You won't find that in a coloring book. :D

It looks like stained glass to me, also. I very much like the way you suggest real-life things like socks and person profiles, but don't go any further than that. The color balance is also very pleasing. It makes you want to keep looking and exploring - something that's not easy to pull off in a painting but you've done it!

Back