Are We There Yet?

Dave Woody

817E550F-8BA8-4501-956D-BB95C79E4E9B.jpeg

Acrylic on cheap canvas.
Titled 'Are we there yet'?

Just a comment on UAE probe 'Hope' entering Martian orbit today followed by
the Chinese 'Tianwen-1' probe entering Martian orbit tomorrow and the U.S. probe
Perseverance arriving on February 18th.

As I understand it, 'Hope' the UAE (United Arab Emirates) probe will only orbit Mars
and survey the Martian atmosphere.

'Tianwen-1', the Chinese vehicle is there to survey the surface and the sub-surface of Mars using radar,
but is also equipped to launch a lander.

'Perseverance' is a lander that is looking for 'habitable conditions' on the Martian surface.

The Arabic translates as ....' are we there yet'?
The Chinese translates as....' are we there yet'?

The American probe chatter needs no translating.

So....as fun as the picture seems......

.......maybe Billion Dollar excursions to Mars ...... by three separate Nations....
just happened by chance.

Last edited:
I nearly missed this one Dave, very funny. We hadn't got out of the drive when my youngest who had fallen asleep whilst we were packing the car and caravan woke up and actually said "Are we there yet". We have never let her live it down, she is 37 now.
Steve.

That is great news Dave!

As I recall, West Drayton had an intimate little high street.
South Ealing was made up of slightly eccentric, bespoke shops. Might try there...

I nearly missed this one Dave, very funny. We hadn't got out of the drive when my youngest who had fallen asleep whilst we were packing the car and caravan woke up and actually said "Are we there yet". We have never let her live it down, she is 37 now.
Steve.
Yep....It is a passive underplay comment of Arabians, Chinese and Americans all travelling together.

Back