Are there lurkers in creative spark?

Of course, are "lurkers" likely to come out into the open and let you know they've been lurking? I usually lurk for a while on joining a new group. I want to get some grasp of what I have got myself into before making any comments.

I am only registered and reasonably active as a member on one other forum apart from this one. I don't spend much time lurking on any others.

I can't see how it would be of any concern. If you put it out there then anyone can look if so inclined.

Many lurkers, yes. You can see some of them, but some can set their online status to not show up if they wish. I believe. It's fine to lurk. Maybe one day they will choose to post. There are guests too. No need to register to read the forums.

I sometimes leave the page open and forget. So I'm supposed to be here but really it's just that I'm not all there.
Me too. I browse the forum a lot, looking to see what others are doing and saying, and I've learned a lot about art history, techniques new to me, paint and materials, etc. I wish now I'd thought of Lurker for a handle.

Hell, I lurk all over all kinds of forums of all kinds of subjects (except politics, blech...). I'm here alot, because I leave the page open, mostly without posting. I lurk Fakebook also occasionally, but I use someone else's login ( I've never had an account of my own... nope). Nothing wrong w lurking and it's not really a big deal.

I think I do more lurking then posting a lot of the time.
I walk off in the middle of reading things alot.

I think me too that it is usual for many people to understand how the forum works, what happens in the different sections and sub-forums. Don't forget that Creative spark contains really many forums. I count 36 entries in the initial forum page. For a new member there are lots of interesting things to look at.

Just made an account (thanks for having me), so I'll be a lurker for a while. Before this, I was a ninja, I could watch your every move while hidden in the shadows. For now though, I'm going to be that guy who everyone recognizes cause he attends every meeting, but no one really knows what the deal with him is, at least till I'm comfortable sharing some of my art, whatever shape it ends up having, I'm just starting this adventure you see. Nice to meet you all, but I'll be back in the shadows for a while cause the sun still hurts my eyes. 😎

Welcome! Well, lurk if you must, but we hope you'll get comfortable and show us your art :) And please consider the Welcome Center if you want others to know that you've decided to decloak, however briefly.

Unfortunately, I can't lurk here. :ROFLMAO: I have to read everything and reply to most everything, if I can.
I could do that when the forum was young and I wasn't quite so busy. Now I confess that there are many places on the site that I have never been to, I just have to randomly pick the posts and go with them. I do go to the What's New and try to see what I have missed and catch up from time to time but I can only stretch so far. ;)

Back