Apples Aren't Orange

Enyaw

namuh
004.jpg

Had a bunch of left over grays so decided to make something up so I could use them .. ideally rocks and maple trees at this time of year but I have not been out and about .. might try and get a few shots before the red's disappear.

0044.jpg

An interesting painting. I love your knife strokes: quite an effect. The composition is so unusual that I'm just not sure about it, but it has a certain appeal, rather surreal.

thank you Arty and Truff and Lazarus

.. compositions get boring when it's always the same .. I tend to think along the lines of catching the viewer's eye not matter how .. this one is bordering abstraction based on opposing triangluar shapes .. the 3 oranges form a triangle which is the reverse of the light triangle formed on the table top .. it's not obvious but your eyes lock on the pattern and you are inside a pattern . My thoughts anyway.

0044.jpg

I like the play of light on the oranges and the texture formed by the knife. Interesting comments on the composition. I have never really mastered that aspect of painting, I just kind of go with my intuition and I like how this came out.

Lazarus, Comp is a lot of intuitive moves and sometimes they give you a plan

Thanks Maureen... I had a light but didn't know I had power

Thanks Joan

Lazarus, Comp is a lot of intuitive moves and sometimes they give you a plan

Thanks Maureen... I had a light but didn't know I had power

Thanks Joan
As i said. im never looks for composition bcz i never get it anyway. the abstraction and illusion is what i looking for.

Back