Apple "Tree" WIP... Maybe

JessieNebulous

20211111_205034.jpg

This is what I have so far. Prismacolor on paper, 9x12. Not sure how I feel about the entire piece so not sure I want to invest more colored pencil into it (my supply is running dry, sadly) but I'm kind of in love with that apple! 😆

I like it! Reminds me of what a Tim Burton apple tree might look like. And yeah, it does look like you laid down a lot of color with your pencils!

I like it! Reminds me of what a Tim Burton apple tree might look like. And yeah, it does look like you laid down a lot of color with your pencils!
Thank you! A Tim Burton comparison is surprising but wholly welcome. I generally want my CP drawings to look almost like paintings, so I do use a lot of layers, but I also blend with gamsol. Which also helps with the wax bloom Prismas tend to get.

A Tim Burton comparison is surprising but wholly welcome. I generally want my CP drawings to look almost like paintings, so I do use a lot of layers, but I also blend with gamsol.
The curl of the tree reminded me of some of his work. And it was certainly meant as a compliment :)
Looking at the smooth, dense color built up - especially - on the apple, I wondered if there might have been solvent involved.

tim.jpg

A beauty! An imaginative and great composition, if I do say so myself! I have a few abstract compositions like this. ;)
Thank you! I appreciate hearing that, as putting my subjects into an interesting or at least pleasing overall composition is something I've struggled with. Usually I work on my subject and then the background is an after thought, and that's a habit I'm trying to change.

I’m in love with the whole work not just the apple. My first reaction to this work was a joyous giggle. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Back