Another from WC

Bellawolf

Hello All,

I am so glad to have found this new forum, hello hello. I kept my user name the same from WC, so some of you might remember me. Mainly I make props for films, you can find me here.

But my passion is painting, oil painting. I hope to get back to it now I have time from work. I am starting to work more in the film industry as a fine artist, as the industry is so busy. So hoping I can flip into that being my main bread.

I am looking forward to chatting with more oil painters and learning tricks and tops again.

Ella. x

Hi Ella, and welcome! I looked and your website and was really intrigued, especially that you have a specialty in forgery. I wonder if you know about manuscripts, book arts, typography, and that sort of thing. I also loved the oil painting that I could see there. You shouldn't lack any confidence! ;)

I've been using oils for years, but I am not a realist painter at all. I started out practicing that sort of thing, but it wasn't my cup of tea because I really like more abstract and contemporary stuff. I also like working on various projects: installations, books, collage, soft sculptures, writing...mixed media kinda stuff. You can see my site here.

I worked in the film industry for a time in my younger days and it stressed me out considerably. I did art department/set decorating for commercials, mostly for restaurants and fast food (some low budget/non-profit film), but the commercials paid super well. I couldn't do it very long because it broke me down. I have mental illness I wasn't on any medication for it back then. (Now it's managed.) I was also a professional musician for about 15 years before that time and had been burned out from being on the road, so it was all a catastrophe waiting to happen. Ha ha ha.

I've since been a full-time artist and it's been a lovelier life.

Hi Ella, and welcome! I looked and your website and was really intrigued, especially that you have a specialty in forgery. I wonder if you know about manuscripts, book arts, typography, and that sort of thing.
Hey, yeah that is my speciality when I work in film, I usually do period jobs.

I also loved the oil painting that I could see there. You shouldn't lack any confidence! ;)
Aww that is really kind thank you so so much, means a lot :)

it stressed me out considerably.
Nothing has changed, the industry is still mental. The last job in particular was awful. I am fed up of it and exhausted. I want to hopefully get on with my own work. Wish me luck.

I can not imagine how hard it was if you had a mental health issue, it is bad enough with out. Yeah they are super well paid, danger money I guess.

You can see my site here
Wow, you are very prolific! I wish I could get as much work done as you! It is really fresh as well. I would be interested to hear about your transition from film to full time painter and selling work, if you would like to chat about that at all? I feel I am at the start of this journey now, excited and scared!

e. x

Hi Ella, I welcomed you on the other thread but welcome again! I remember your handle from WC but not your work. I also went to your site this morning earlier and was very impressed with your work. Looking forward to you posting work here. Glad to have you aboard.
1627578159443.png

Wow, you are very prolific! I wish I could get as much work done as you! It is really fresh as well. I would be interested to hear about your transition from film to full time painter and selling work, if you would like to chat about that at all? I feel I am at the start of this journey now, excited and scared!

e. x

Thank you. I can talk about getting into full-time art any time. I don't mind one bit. I started way before the internet too, so it was not easy. I used to make my own newsletters by hand (real cut & paste!) and gathered a mailing list over the years. I started selling my work low, on payment plans, and built a clientele up over a couple of decades. It's a lot easier to do that thanks to computers. That is the gist of it. Lots and lots of self-promotion and taking advantage of opportunities where I could. But ask me anything you want. I am an open book. :)

Hi Ella, I welcomed you on the other thread but welcome again! I remember your handle from WC but not your work. I also went to your site this morning earlier and was very impressed with your work. Looking forward to you posting work here. Glad to have you aboard.
View attachment 9710
Yes ditto about the handle also. I am looking forward to posting. Thank you for the lovely welcome. x

Thank you. I can talk about getting into full-time art any time. I don't mind one bit. I started way before the internet too, so it was not easy. I used to make my own newsletters by hand (real cut & paste!) and gathered a mailing list over the years. I started selling my work low, on payment plans, and built a clientele up over a couple of decades. It's a lot easier to do that thanks to computers. That is the gist of it. Lots and lots of self-promotion and taking advantage of opportunities where I could. But ask me anything you want. I am an open book. :)

I will definitely take you up on this offer, thank you :)

Whoa, extremely cool. Love the Bryant and May matches. Whence came these? I'm unaware of any movie or series based on the PCU.

The oil painting is very fine.

welcome, seen the site, wonderful paintings.
fantastic everything present, Peaky Blinders for me is the best series ever, everything is perfect, you all do a great job

Whoa, extremely cool. Love the Bryant and May matches. Whence came these? I'm unaware of any movie or series based on the PCU.
they could be in Peaky Blinders ? is incredible and is set around the 1920s in England

Hello Ella! I don’t know you from WC but am looking forward to seeing your work.
Hello KreativeK :) aww thanks. I have recently taken on another film commission, should be done soon, then on to my own work. I will post here. x

welcome, seen the site, wonderful paintings.
fantastic everything present, Peaky Blinders for me is the best series ever, everything is perfect, you all do a great job
Hello Joe1, Thank you so so much, mean so much to hear that. I have massive imposter syndrome! So nice to see people like my work. Thanks again. x

The oil painting is very fine.
Hello - yes indeed PB4 I believe. PB6 we were the 1930s by this time.

Back