Animal And Wildlife Challenge For September 2022

Lovely work so far! I'll return with comments but wanted to post my work now.

animals-sept2022-01.jpg

animals-sept2022-02.jpg

animals-sept2022-03.jpg

animals-sept2022-04.jpg

Cheers,

Thanks everyone for your comments and likes.

Deborah, what a lovely cat. Beautiful expression.

EP, wonderful sketches. I especially like the elephants, bear and squirrel.

Anne: Beautiful Elephant, Bird and dogs. I am in love with the second dog - he is awesome!
Joe: Your sketches are fantastic! Very energetic. Love the squirrel
Queen: Your cat is so darn cute! His expression is priceless!
EP: Wow! You've been busy! Your drawings are exceptional - Love!

Christel - what an intent expression on that fuzzy face :)
Kay - striking little expression
Anne - your taller 'phant looks like he/she is laughing! Cute little bird. Lovely coloured version of the resting dog (with glints in the eyes! Yay!) And thank you
joe1lt - I love your studies of the elephants :) And thank you
Queen Bee - awww that curious little face :)
CaliAnn - thank you

QueenBee - Lovely cat, really nice expression

EP - Great drawings - I especially like the seals and the Iceland horses.

Cheers,
Patricia

I would like to do/comment more, but we are often in such a harried state here. We have a large holiday (B2B cruises) in a week, and the countries I am visiting are still requiring COVID testing and lots of paperwork. (Bermuda and Canada, so we will see how the hurricane goes.) Last week our seven y.o. printer broke, so we spent a lot of time researching , ordering a new one and setting it up.

Christel - Your amazing work never disappoints! . That was on black paper?
Kay - This is frame worthy! Hard to believe it was done in a sketchbook. Wonderful shadows.
Anne - My clear fave is the bird. Perfect proportions, color, without overdoing. Really wonderful.
Joe - Nice, and amazing you could do so many.
Deborah - Eyes and fur are just excellent.
EP- Did you work at these daily all day? Amazing you did such a volume, and so nicely composed and drawn.

Must have taken you a long time, EP, to do all of these magnificent creatures.

Thanks for the comments on mine, too.

Joe, well done on both of these. Your drawings keep getting better and better.

made them in reverse order.Ams,Joy,EP,Kay,CaliAnn,pcj,thank you for the nice words, glad you think this. I tried these other designs. In recent months I have tried various procreate brushes, I use those that I find easier to use and less scratchy, in some lines come out more easily, others less, especially when the tip is worn out it seems different to me, I am using a protective film, this consumes them first, but without film it is also difficult for me to use my cell phone. I bought original spare tips when I almost couldn't use the old tip anymore. I try to change it after 3 months or 5 but it gets very sharp after a month or 2. They sell box of 4. The problem is that 4 tips cost 25 euros, after I read online about non-original tips online even on Amazon, 10 euros 4 or 5. I've had the doubt for weeks, I don't know if I would try them or waste money, in the comments they sometimes seem the same as the originals or worse, in some comments they are not recommended, Pencil I'm using it only to draw, maybe the cheap one would be useful to emphasise, or as a mouse. but I wouldn't know how to distinguish I tried at first, instead of buying new silicone cap tips but I can't use them and I was dirty screen.

2022-09-25 16-02 1.jpeg
2022-09-25 16-02.jpeg
2022-09-25 16-02 2.jpeg

Wonderful sketches Joe. I especially like the horses and turtle.

How frustrating that you are wearing out your pen tips. It's always difficult to decide whether to buy the "real" thing or try one of the cheaper brands.

Joe - Lovely drawings - I especially like the horses and the elephant !
Cheers,
Patricia

Well done everyone, really good work! 👏

I didn't managed to start one this time. I was working away at the start of the month and couldn't connect to the office printer, then I was on holiday for a week, then I came back to lots of other things to do! I tried something quick, but it was honestly laughable and went in the bin!

Thanks for the nice words, I was making a lion, but with the idea of colouring this, I didn't colour it though, maybe later or tomorrow I'll try, I'll start, for now maybe I'll put it as it's time

Back