Anatomical Class in Thailand

What a fabulously talented teacher.wish I'd had the benefit of his classes.

Only books. I have looked pretty closely at them, but never have had any formal training or any sort of class, but probably should if/when I ever want to get back to the figure. I even have a thick, painted cadaver book that is gross to some people, but it's quite helpful for learning the body.

@ Iaf.art, Judging by your reaction on my post I suspect you think it was saucier than it actually is....:sneaky:

I had 5 years of life-drawing including one rather intensive class in which we studied the major muscle masses or surface anatomy, made an Écorché...

... and had the opportunity to observe an autopsy at the neighboring medical school. I probably learned more from studying the anatomy and figure drawings by the old masters than anywhere else.

@ Iaf.art, Judging by your reaction on my post I suspect you think it was saucier than it actually is....:sneaky:
Sorry, it was an instant reaction to the combination of yours and the previous post, just made me giggle🙂

For some reason, this thread caught my eye. I am a retired podiatric physician, and studied anatomy of the entire body, spending a year dissecting a cadaver. I still have many anatomy books. And, no, I am not very good at figure drawing!

Concerning the video: is it the camera angle, or does the sculptor have the leg he’s working on too short from the patella to the ankle? Perhaps it’s not a cro magnon?

Back