Amelia Island tree

Terri

Supporting Member
I shot this with Kodak HIE (infrared) film, using a #25 red filter. Hand colored with photo oils and pencils.

Amelia Island.jpg

Holy wow! If that doesn't give off one incredibly mood. I absolutely am in love with this scene. The light is like...Maxfield Parish or something. Just stunning! Those yellow highlights are perfect. I am walking through that and it's just the escape I needed. Thank you. ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ ⚡

Thank you so much!! When Kodak discontinued HIE film, it was almost a death knell to photography for me. Nothing quite sets the mood like that stuff. I still have some in my freezer and am trying to use it up before it gets too old. :)

Wow, Terri! That's pure magic!
Such a shame that they're discontinuing so many films :-( And papers, too. I remember an Agfa paper that was popular among hand-colorers.

Hmmm... live oak, Spanish moss, and palmetto...

Thank you Lamar. 😊

It's funny you should comment on that Agfa paper - I did this one on my last bit of stock. It had a nice texture to it, which gave a good tooth for photo oils. Alas, it's discontinued. Supposedly some other company has these emulsion formulas and promises to (eventually) resurrect them. We'll see!

I had film in my freezer forever it seemed and it still worked. I've had Polaroid and even the newer Impossible film and those worked after I don't know how many years. Decades I think. As well as Kodachrome, echtachrome (sp?), etc.

I had film in my freezer forever it seemed and it still worked. I've had Polaroid and even the newer Impossible film and those worked after I don't know how many years. Decades I think. As well as Kodachrome, echtachrome (sp?), etc.
There's no substitute for good storage, you're right. Film that's stored in the fridge or freezer can be used many years past its expiration date. I know photogs who really like to push that envelope! :)

And mad love to you for mentioning Impossible film! ❤ ❤ ❤

Back