Abstracts (Finally...)

Humburger

I have struggled for years to make beautiful abstracts. I think I have finally stumbled upon it. These are sharpie pen and colored pencil on brown craft paper.

Abstract Sunflowers small.jpg
Sunflowers

serata in cucina small.jpg
Serata in Cucina (Evening in the Kitchen)

Tree of Spring small.jpg
Tree of Spring

Tree of Summer small.jpg
Tree of Summer

Tree of Autumn small.jpg
Tree of Autumn

Tree of Winter small.jpg
Tree of Winter

I am really enjoying these. They are very peaceful and calm to work on. That is pretty good for me. I am usually a basket case when I work on my art. LOL!

Oh these are AMAZING!

Well done! Terrific eye for composition and your use of layering is superb!

The trees are great, the sunflowers just breathtaking, but it is La Cucina that I like the best- really good stuff here!

PS: Isn't brown craft paper great?! So useful a tooth with a terrific middle-tone value.

I agree: these are amazing! It’s so cool how those rounded shapes come together to form sunflowers, trees, etc. I’m glad you found a way that makes you happy!

Love these! You have a great style going here, I love the sunflowers and the winter tree especially. I'm glad you enjoyed doing them. I find abstracts hard. 🙂

Oh these are AMAZING!

Well done! Terrific eye for composition and your use of layering is superb!

The trees are great, the sunflowers just breathtaking, but it is La Cucina that I like the best- really good stuff here!

PS: Isn't brown craft paper great?! So useful a tooth with a terrific middle-tone value.
Thanks! Yes, I really like brown craft paper. :)

Love these! You have a great style going here, I love the sunflowers and the winter tree especially. I'm glad you enjoyed doing them. I find abstracts hard. 🙂
I do, too. It has taken years of many failed abstracts. I like what I am doing here, though. :)

These are wonderful. I wouldn't call them "abstracts" in the purest sense, but they are extremely beautiful! ♥️

These are beautiful - I love, love, LOVE the trees! They also remind me of stained glass.

Back