A plumber's nightmare

Perry

This is 9x12, pastel pencil on watercolor paper.
I've had this idea for a while, thought I would give it a try.
(I hate plumbing projects)
C&C welcome.

pipes2.jpg

I love this! It must have been fun planning the arrangement and then adding the colors. I’m seeing the beauty of the negative spaces too. Will this be a series, Perry? It would be a good excuse to shop the plumbing supply aisles for models.

I LOVE this Perry! I'm in love with pipes and how they look as compositions in art. I think they make for very interesting works. You did an excellent job in separating them into colors that work so well together. Excellent work indeed! ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

Thanks Donna. Planning the arrangement was the interesting part.
Here's the original drawing. The two large pipes were leading the
eye off the page so I fixed that before adding the colors.
pipes1.jpg

I may do a couple more of these.

Thanks Wayne.

Thank you Arty.

Thanks Hermes, I like his work.

Thank you Trrufflecat.

(I hate plumbing projects)
If the pipes under my house were this pretty, I might not mind climbing under there so much:D

I love the drawing too. So accurate!

This is great Perry! The color, the form, the whole structure is just fascinating to behold! ❤️♥️

Ha! This is wonderful, Perry. Thanks for showing us your sketch, too.

Beautiful to look at and follow those lines. I love it, and if you're going to do more I'm excited to see them. :)

Thanks for showing the sketch, Perry. I like seeing what you started with and how you changed the composition for the better.

Interesting rendition. Reminds me of times when I was crawling around mechanical spaces while performing construction punch-lists for electrical conduit installations. And the drawing reminds me of Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) CAD (Computer Assisted Drawing) drawings. Just my own personl history reflecting.

Last edited:
Nice to see another person who was in engineering here.
I was a draftsman for 38 years. I drew piping, mechanical and electrical in orthographic views
but not much 3d stuff. I loved working on the board but when CAD came along I lost interest.

I was primarily a CAD drafter for electronic security systems and Telecommunications systems designer. I also did alot of field work for both design verification and contract punchlist/ closeout.
My favorite drafting was making detail sheets for construction clarification as I got to use my artists’ eye for orthos.

Last edited:
Back