A cast of characters

N

Nufocus

Well, I’m sure that we all go through the ups and downs of this thing known as making art. I certainly do. What I mean is we have periods that are as dry as the heat of the Sahara desert and then we have periods when it’s pretty hard to put the brushes down. Well, I have been working lately. Not having to push myself….
So, after this silly introduction, here is one more that I completed today. It’s acrylics on hardboard.

06BEDDEE-2FB6-4083-BE59-7F8C93C619E1.jpeg

Wonderful! Nice and loose, the way I've been trying for lately. Inspiring. Thank you.

Ah you added a couple of characters! I love this, it's great! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

I didn’t expect anyone to remember…..
I actually painted over another one which I posted here not too long ago…..
I was not crazy about that one!…🤓

0CC7B508-932A-420F-B29E-9FB002EA6DA4.jpeg

I like that one...but maybe the new one is a lot stronger. I'm guilty of painting over ones I'm not 100% happy with either. I love how this is going, especially how you render that hat more and more. It's a much more endearing piece that persuades me to want to get deeper into the subjects. Very well done. It captures all those mysterious feelings you are so good at portraying.

OMG 😱 Arty. That thingy up center was some kind of abstract shape and then you said “how you render that hat”….. I was wondering for a few seconds what’s Arty talking about…🤓
So there! Yes, a hat!

BFFAC1F5-978A-47BA-8525-F02013E37825.jpeg

Btw, the dark haired gal is wearing a black glove… the dog is inspired by Velasquez’s dog in Las Meninas…..the black man is inspired by the need for racial equality…..

What a difference different lighting makes!!…
I’m uploading it again here, if you don’t mind….
The last image is too bright…. Not what the actual thing looks like. The one below is more like it…..I think….

99829F1C-F283-48F6-BE83-9A4675EF43E4.jpeg

wonder,
you have created a pictorial universe in which you can get lost every time you admire a work.

OH! NOW it's a hat. I like it both as an abstract shape and a hat, or a car, or a balloon, or a kazoo. It doesn't matter. I love it no matter. ♥️

Okay, before it changes again, for the record I like the last one for the tiles and the one before that for the dark background and the way the headpiece developed into what looks like an Indian warbonnet or an Inca priests' helmet.

I also really liked the original that you painted over because of the look on the face of the main character.

Keep going, I know the feeling.

Trier my man, I put it aside…..for now…..
I’m sure that we shared feelings many times.
trying to make something meaningful ain’t easy at all. I have many images that now only exist in the storage of an iPhone……

I see quite a few little refinements. Yes, put it away, you are finished with it. ❤️

I love it even better. You seemed to have brightened it up and made a more well-defined floor (tiles), yes? And it all looks GREAT! I think it was a good decision. I have to turn things to the wall for a week sometimes before I know if they need anymore editing. Maybe you're done now. ♥️ :giggle:

Yeah, Arty, I think it’s done. In any case I put it away. I’m not looking for it now…. Yes, I made the changes you mentioned.

Trier my man, I put it aside…..for now…..
I’m sure that we shared feelings many times.
trying to make something meaningful ain’t easy at all. I have many images that now only exist in the storage of an iPhone……
Agreed; if it is not meaningful, it is not worth the effort.

I have never felt that your paintings ever lacked meaning.

Back