Wine and Poetry

ZenDruid

Supporting Member
My local arts council has come up with this gem for their fall adult education schedule:

Poetry & Pinot​

Wednesday, September 21st | 5:30 - 7:30pm

Join us for an evening of poetry-no prior experience required! Find joy in the creative writing process while sipping on a glass of pinot. You will be guided through multiple poetry exercises to compose two unique poems. Treat yourself or make it an evening with friends!

God bless them, but I know this community and my reaction is :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: They'd better have at least a case of juice on hand. Or two. No experience required.

Some of my best poetry recitals have come around a table of people drinking pinot, over and over again, until the words flowed... :)

Sadly I won't be going, it's in the evening, requires driving, etc. And I'm strictly into inappropriate limericks these days:

There once was a girl from Nantucket
Who put all of her dreams in a bucket
Etc, etc, etc
You know where this is going ;)

Here's the latest in the wine drinking cycle:

Mud & Merlot (21+)​

• Thursday, September 15, 2022 5:30 -PM 7:30 PM
Experience your ‘dream scene’ sitting at the wheel creating vessels to enjoy forever. Enjoy clay and complimentary drinks with friends in a supportive environment good for all levels, beginners to advanced. Get creative with under-glazes to make your work truly unique!
1661797291642.png

I'm glad the environment is supportive because some might be falling down on their way back to their car. :ROFLMAO: After two years of pandemic panic we need events like this. :)

Last edited:
Agreed! I doubt much quality work will come from it once the participants get a little loose, but hey - they're still getting the experience at the wheel, and the feeling of community is priceless. I love the idea! ❤️

I would love to go and learn something about making pottery! A friend of mine recently attended one of those art things where you paint a simple scene on a canvas while drinking wine with friends. She said there was no instruction and minimal materials but nobody cared because they only go to drink and have fun. I asked if there was something similar where you might actually learn about painting without getting buzzed and was met with a vacant stare, as in why would anyone want to do that? :unsure: May the mud be as interesting as the Merlot!

Back