Who makes the most opague white acrylic?

AES

hi
I've only tried Goldens heavy body and fluid versions. They're supposed to be some of the best, but maybe there's something better out there. I want to use it as a one coat paint "white-out". The goldens work, but it still takes multiple coats to cover very dark lines.

I'm curious about this too. I only have two different kinds: Golden Heavy Body and Atelier Interactive. I'd say Golden is the better of the two.
IMG_1809$.jpg

Many established artists use gesso as their white.
I also use acrylic gesso (Jerry's World Famous) in place of titanium white. I haven't bought a tube of acrylic titanium in 10+ years.
Gesso is made of titanium white and i believe calcium carbonate. It is very opaque, more opaque than titanium paint. I don't know if it could completely blot out a black line in one pass, but would do better than whatever comes in second place.

I'm now painting with oils so I can't use acrylic gesso as my white. But so far have no complaints with the titanium oil I'm using.

I like using gesso as well. I like it to make pinks and light colors, too. Doesn't dilute the color and go drab. I'm mainly a pastelist but do a few acrylic paintings.

Many established artists use gesso as their white.
I also use acrylic gesso (Jerry's World Famous) in place of titanium white. I haven't bought a tube of acrylic titanium in 10+ years.
Gesso is made of titanium white and i believe calcium carbonate. It is very opaque, more opaque than titanium paint. I don't know if it could completely blot out a black line in one pass, but would do better than whatever comes in second place.

I'm now painting with oils so I can't use acrylic gesso as my white. But so far have no complaints with the titanium oil I'm using.
I'll use anything that works. The only art gesso I've used is is some junk craft store stuff and goldens version, both of which are less opague than the paint is.

So, who has the most opague gesso?

This also reminds me, I prime old junk mail with 100% acrylic house paint/primer all in one I find on clearance, for practice. It covers really well. Might try that too, but I was hoping for some art grade stuff to use in the actual painting.

I've just been using Jerry's gesso, so I have nothing to compare it too. This Jerry's over a sharpie
gesso.jpg

Back