White Cardigan for lawn Green Bowls Player

You do beautiful work, Penny. This looks so perfect, and soft and warm - I just love it. Terrific yarn for this pattern. Can't wait to see the finished piece!

Thank you very much, indeed, Terri. I’m really pleased you like it.

I always write out my lines of pattern so I can see and follow them easily. I made the mistake of starting the right front using the instructions I’d written for the left front! Luckily, I did realise I had made an error, as the cable and design would have been on the wrong edge!

Hello, everyone.

i have knitted the back and two fronts, plus a sleeve, and started the second sleeve. The sleeves are plain stocking stitch in the pattern but I’ve added some twists. If it was for me, I would knit the sleeves in Irish moss stitch.
C17FD676-F309-4332-8370-2BB707155D07.jpeg

This is starting to get that luxurious feel, just looking at it!

I don't know what the Irish moss stitch is - it looks beautiful just as it is. :) Really coming along!

Thanks very much Terri. Irish moss stitch is an easy two line pattern - first line is two plain, two purl, then second line two purl, two plain. 😎

That's a beauty, Penny! Sleeves in the Irish moss stitch would be perfect!

Thanks, ntl. Yes, if it was for me, I would have knitted the sleeves in pattern. 😎

Thank you, Snoball. I am on the decreasing for the raglans of the second sleeve, then only the button bands and collar to do.

Thank you, CaliAnn. I’ve, this evening, picked up 129 stitches along the edge of one of the fronts and am knitting the buttonhole band. 😎

My mom taught me the basics once, many years ago. Didn’t fit my psyche, but I greatly admire work such as yours.

Thank you, Geoff. I am pleased that more men are taking up the craft. Perhaps you will feel like doing so in the future. My father was taught to knit while in the army so he could produce dish cloths. 😎

Its finished. Here are photos. I picked up stitches for the collar. It’s taken most of the evening to sew it together and sew in the ends. Lesley (Rainowl) will chose the buttons for it, herself. It will look more finished when pressed.

F7169FEF-4695-415C-A8E2-A207A365A06C.jpeg

71547281-E49A-4718-86B3-5AE53FFB7C03.jpeg

76DE3BB5-2990-4F96-8F38-426FA98C1A1F.jpeg

Thank you, Artyczar. I have ordered yarn for my next project. I am going yo knit myself a Guernsey (I think you would know it as a Gansey), with 5 ply wool. Mine will be in a grey colour. I will show the cones of wall when they arrive.
001AFB7F-9E93-4DFB-B671-63F25C2D959C.png

Last edited:
Back