Where are the cows?

P. Barrie

16” x 20”, oils on canvas

Painted from photo I took. Who thinks I should put some cows in the pasture? There was some cows in the field that day, just not in the pic I used.
78BA9308-BACB-457F-B90A-9FE7D1AB435C.jpeg

Yes ! Bring on the cows ! :)
Cheers,
Patricia

I think the painting of the pasture and woods is quite lovely on its own. The focal point is the nice diagonal line of fencing. Love your rich greens and shadows.

If you want to add cows, there's certainly room in there for them. But they will be the focal point, not the diagonal.

Artist's choice! :)

The motif is the unspoken eloquence of a beautiful, sunny, open meadow IMHO, so, no cows.

A beautiful sentiment . You have changed my original opinion completely .
Cheers,
Patricia

It’s excellent as is. I’d put cows in, mainly because of the fence being there. If no cows, then fence should be removed IMHO.

I agree with most everyone, and you should leave it it's wonderful self. It's got a life and legs as it is. Beautiful.

I can find plenty to admire without any bovines munching away in the field. It's so peaceful.

It is a lovely painting as is, but it is your painting and if you want cows, paint cows. Personally, I would probably opt for 3 round bales instead of cows if I were going to make an addition. But I love the painting as is. ❤️❤️

No cows. Flowers. Just to add to your indecision. Really nice painting as is though.

A beautiful peace. Terri is right if you add cows they will become the focal point, so they should be placed carefully.
If I would add them, I would add them at a distance next to the trees and a bit more to the right side (and not too many).

Thank you all! I very much appreciate all of the suggestions.
I was thinking exactly as Esther suggested. I think it might help to break that horz. line of the fields edge by placing a few cows back by the tree line.

Another wonderful piece and as noted I do think cows would add a nice touch to this beautifully painted landscape.
I agree you will need to watch balance, colour and scaling (size) according to the rest of the piece when added.
Great job.

John

Back